Business trips can be healthy
We are looking at food and health for Summer and business travel can be so difficult when trying to lose weight or even maintain health.
Busy lifestyles can lead to poor diets. This can be due to time restriction to make fresh meals or dashing from A to B on low energy. Then comes the temptation to reach for the snack bar...
I travel to China and Europe every year and a big problem is how to keep healthy while away.
Some top tips include:
- Get a power nap whenever possible to keep the mind alert.
- Drink plenty of water. Be careful of fruit juice, especially from concentrate there are hidden sugars and preservatives.
- Try to have herbal teas, especially green in between offers of teas and coffees if you are a caffeine drinker
- Don't be swayed towards fried and high fat meals or even salads smothered with dressings that are high in calories.
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.
If you travel alot, all of this builds up and becomes a constant problem if you are trying to remain healthy and especially if you have weight loss goals. Think about eating regularly and well rather than going for hours on a low battery and then filling yourself up with food and drinks you wish you hadn't had later.
June 9, 2017, 8:28 pm